I am in my second year at the University of Birmingham studying Nuclear Science and Materials. I got a 2:1 in my first year, and I aim to achieve a First-class Honours by the time I complete my degree. I did A-levels in Maths, Further Maths, and Physics at King Edward VI College, Stourbridge. I have done a total of 15 GCSEs including Maths (A*). I am passionate about the subjects I have studied at A-level and enjoy sharing the knowledge I have.
Facts about me include:
- I scored 90% in a Maths midterm test done at University.
- I completed a major project as part of my AS Computing coursework, in which I used the programming language VB.NET to complete the project. Since then, I have gained experience in the C++ programming language.
- I have experience of doing Physics experiments at various levels and I hope to enhance my knowledge about experimental Physics whilst doing the "Nuclear Physics Laboratory for Nuclear Engineers" module, as part of my degree, in my third year at university.
- I have done a total of 12 Maths units at A-level: C1, C2, C3, C4, FP1, FP2, FP3, M1, M2, S1, S2 and D1.
Cancellations: At least 24 hours notice must be given to avoid being charged.
I have tutored many students before. The exam boards I am particularly familiar with (and the ones I did) are:
- Edexcel for GCSE Maths,
- AQA for A-level Maths, A-level Further Maths and for GCSE Physics,
- OCR for A-level Physics.
APPROACH TO TUTORING
I am patient and I hope to make what seems to be a difficult concept, easy. I am friendly and I take great pleasure in helping a student make progress towards grasping a concept.
Maths: Up to A-level
Physics: Up to A-level
English: Up to Secondary
GCSE and below: £10 per hour
A-level: £15 per hour
I travel up to 5.00 miles and I am happy to perform tuition at my home. Also, I am happy to perform online tuition via Skype.
** IGNORE DETAILS BELOW (NOT APPLICABLE) **